As a professional barbers, we understand the importance of taking care of color-treated hair. Whether you’ve recently dyed your hair or have been maintaining your color for a while, it’s crucial to use the right products and techniques to keep your hair healthy and vibrant. We’ll be sharing some practical tips and information to help you take care of your newly dyed hair and recommend products that can help maintain your color and protect your hair from damage. So, whether you’re a first-time dyer or a seasoned pro, read on to learn how to keep your color-treated hair looking its best.
Can you use hair products on dyed hair?
Certainly, you can use hair products on dyed hair, but it’s important to choose the right ones to maintain the health and vibrancy of your color-treated hair. Search for products specifically formulated for color-treated hair, as they are designed to protect your hair from fading and damage. Shampoos and conditioners that are sulfate-free and contain ingredients like keratin, vitamin E, and natural oils can help to nourish and strengthen your hair. Additionally, using a hair mask once a week can provide extra hydration and nourishment to keep your color-treated hair looking its best. Be sure to read the labels and avoid products that contain harsh chemicals, as they can strip the color and damage your hair.
How do you take care of newly dyed hair?
Here are some practical tips for taking care of your newly dyed hair:
- Wait at least 24–48 hours before washing your hair after dyeing it. This allows the color to set properly.
- Use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner to help maintain the color and protect your hair from damage. Avoid using clarifying shampoos, as they can strip the color from your hair.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week to keep your hair moisturized and healthy. This will help prevent breakage and keep your hair looking shiny and soft.
- Protect your hair from heat styling tools such as flat irons and curling irons, as high heat can cause damage and fade the color. Use a heat protectant spray before using any heat styling tools.
- Limit your exposure to the sun and chlorine, as they can both cause the color to fade. Wear a hat or use a leave-in conditioner with SPF protection when you’re outside for extended periods.
- Get regular trims to prevent split ends and maintain the health of your hair. This will also help the color look fresh and vibrant for longer.
What products should I use after dying my hair?
Here are some product recommendations that can help you:
- Color-protecting shampoo and conditioner: Use a shampoo and conditioner specifically formulated for color-treated hair. These products help to nourish and hydrate your hair while protecting the color from fading.
- Leave-in conditioner: Applying a leave-in conditioner after washing your hair can help to keep it moisturized, prevent breakage, and add shine.
- Hair oil or serum: Adding a hair oil or serum to your haircare routine can help to nourish and protect your hair from environmental damage.
- UV protectant: UV rays can damage your hair, causing color fading and dryness. Using a UV protectant spray or serum can help to protect your hair from the sun’s harmful effects.
- Heat protectant: If you use heat styling tools such as a flat iron or blow-dryer, it’s important to use a heat protectant spray to prevent damage to your hair.
Remember to follow the product instructions carefully and avoid overusing them, as this can cause build-up and damage to your hair.